JioMart is an online-to-offline business platform where consumers can order online, but purchases the products offline (nearest local retail stores). The Reliance Jio-owned e-commerce platform aims to tie 20 crore, people, to three crore offline stores throughout the country. Through JioMart, Reliance wants to leverage the customer base of Jio and create a platform to bring local Kirana stores under it and serve customers. It is an online to offline business model where customers place orders online and delivery happens through an offline shop. Jio has partnered with Facebook and that helped Jio to utilize the WhatsApp network to launch Jiomart. It is currently rolled out in phases and started in some areas of Mumbai.
How JioMart Works?
JioMart works on the O2O business model which means the people can buy the products directly through the app from nearby sellers. It’s a commerce platform that will provide packaged consumer goods and kitchen supplies. This is an extensive platform for all the offline sellers to list their products on the JioMart and join with a large range of online customers.
To download the application click to this link
How to Register on JioMart?
It’s a very easy process to register on JioMart, you need to go on JioMart site, and then you need to fill all the required details like First & Last Name, Pin Code, Mobile Number, and E-mail ID. After filling all these details you need to generate OTP which will come on your entered mobile number and then verify OTP. Finally, you will receive a confirmation message on your screen.
Now check how you can place an order on JioMart
To place orders through JioMart, consumers have to add JioMart’s WhatsApp Number 88500 08000 to their contacts.
- To place orders through JioMart, consumers have to add JioMart’s WhatsApp number 88500 08000 to their contacts.
- After that the consumer has to send a message to the JioMart number. And type “Hi” and send it to the number.
- Then you will receive a reply from JioMart with the shopping link along with a message that reads “Welcome to JioMart WhatsApp Order Booking Service”. This link will only active for 30 minutes. To get a new link, a customer will have to send a fresh message.
- Once you open the link, you will be saved to the page that would ask for your personal details like mobile number, area, locality, etc.
- After all details are entered and submitted, the new page with the grocery ingredient listed vertically will open. You can add the items to your cart.
- Once you complete the order, JioMart will send a dispatch along with the grocery store’s address and location on Google Maps.
- Post which, the consumer will receive an SMS from the nearest store when the order is ready. Then people can go and take the order from the store and pay there.
This is the biggest drawback because sometimes we order some wrong products by mistake but you can’t cancel it. JioMart has to give the freedom for ordering or canceling the placed ordered anywhere & anytime to become successful in the e-commerce market.